Sunday, January 5, 2014

More Talking

Joseph is getting very creative lately. I keep thinking I should document some of the gems that come out of his mouth, so that's what I'm doing.

After a time out while I'm changing his diaper Joseph sings what I have dubbed the "Time Out Song."
(to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle)
Time out, time out,
No, no, no.
Stand up, Stand up,
Face the corner.

Joseph is very in to declaring what he loves. Here are a few things he has declared that he loves lately:
I wuv cookies.
I wuv wawipops (lollipops).
I wuv ice cream.
I wuv EXercise!
(Do you see a pattern here?)

After playing at the park for a while I inform him that he can go down the slide one more time then it will be time to go home. He pauses then as his eyes light up he says "we can not go home!"

While in his crib waiting for me to finish nursing John before bedtime Joseph shows me everything in his crib and what sound it makes. My favorite part  comes at the end when he shows me each of his blankets.
"Doggie says woof. Bunny says hop, hop. Udder doggie says woof. Bear says growwwwl! (Udder) Bear says growwwwl! Dino says rrrrawwwr! Bwanket doesn't say. Bwanket doesn't say. Bwanket doesn't say."

Joseph loves to help me - especially with picking up things that John drops. He occasionally gets to eat some of the treats - aka baby food - that John drops on the floor, so it's a win-win. I recently encountered this little scenario:
(John drops his cup on the floor.)
Joseph: (happily handing the sippy back to John) Here you go Don.
John: (Smiles. Takes a quick sip. Drops his sippy again.)
Joseph: (gets down from his seat, gives John his sippy back) Don, don't dwop id again or I'll take id away.
John: (Smiles. Takes a quick sip. Drops his sippy again.)
Joseph: (gets down, picks up sippy, places it on the table out of John's reach) Don, don't dwop it!
5 seconds later (this must have seemed the appropriate amount of time to take away the sippy)
Joseph: (hands sippy back to John) Don, don't dwop if again or I'll take id away.
John: (Smiles. Takes a quick sip. Drops his sippy again.)

I'm pretty sure Joseph gave up at this point and didn't get his cup for him again. Sorry, John. Game over. 


No comments: