Monday, September 10, 2012

The New Normal

Today marks day 1 of Operation Daily Routine. Joseph has been having serious issues with (not) napping for the past few weeks. It hasn't been pretty. He pretty much refuses to nap in his crib anymore. In my arms, the car or his stroller? No problem. But most definitely not the crib. I'm really unsure what caused the sudden change, but I sure want to fix it.
After consulting Facebook, my pediatrician sister and Dr. Ferber we decided he desperately needs a consistent daily routine. So, beginning today he has a set schedule that we're going to follow for a few weeks and see if it helps. If after a few weeks it still isn't helping we'll re-evaluate the situation.
And because I know you're dying to hear what this schedule is I shall post it below.

7:30am - wake up
7:30-7:45(ish) - breakfast
12:00 - lunch
12:30-1:00 - Joseph goes down for a nap
4:00 - snack
7:00-7:30 - dinner
9:00 - bedtime

Before coming up with this schedule the only consistent activity we had for him was bedtime. Hopefully this will help.
So far today has been - eh. He wasn't particularly happy about being woken up at 7:30 then didn't eat his breakfast very well because he isn't used to eating that early so he kind of munched on his breakfast for an hour or so before finishing it. Lunch and nap time have been ok, but he ended up sleeping on our bed again. I hope to nix this starting tomorrow, but wanted him to have at least one day getting used to going down at 1pm.
Snack is going swimmingly. But, the kid loves to eat so I wasn't worried about any of that.

Did I mention that it's just lovely outside today? We might go hang out outside for a while after snack.

No comments: