This week's quick takes are hosted by Hallie Lord over at Betty Beguiles. Click on over and check out some other quick takes!
1) This past Monday I had one of my most successful CCD classes to date. The kids were learning about the Holy Spirit and one of the activities I had for them was to make a dove. They're just kindergartners so I cut out two wings and a body for each student. I had them color their dove however they wanted before they glued the wings to the body. They then brought their dove to me so I could tape a piece of string to their dove so it could "fly." The kids LOVED doing this. They particularly liked flying their doves around when they were finished. And I was amazed how attentive they were through the entire rest of the class.
One little girl just sat there when all the other kids were coloring their doves, so I went up to her and asked her if she was going to color her dove. She looked at me and said very seriously, "doves are white." I laughed a little on the inside and said "yes, they are!" I then helped her get started gluing her wings on her dove. Oh how I love kindergartners.
2) Also, during snack another little girl inquired, "are we (humans) made of meat?" That made me laugh, too. How do you answer such a question? I think I answered it with "well, yes - in a way..." then I started to explain that the meat we eat is from the muscles of animals and we have the same kinds of muscles so... I think I lost her as soon as I began my explanation. My simple "yes, in a way" was good enough for her.
3) I finally joined Pinterest this week. I had been avoiding it like the plague because I know I could spend hours upon hours looking through everyones boards. Which would then compel me to ignore this cute little face:
But I was really interested to see all the recipes people had pinned. So far I have four pin boards, and they all have to do with food. I can't wait to start trying out all these recipes. And I'm managed to refrain from becoming a negligent parent :)
4) Will and I finally saw Moneyball this past weekend. We've wanted to see it for a while now, but never got a chance to see it while it was still in theaters. I'm so glad we finally got to see it. As a mathematician, it resonated with me. As someone who loves sports, it resonated with my husband. But, really, it was just an all-around good movie. If you haven't seen it yet you should definitely check it out.
5) I recently started watching Parks and Recreation. One of my friends recommended it to me, and I'm so glad I checked it out. I've been watching this season's episodes on On Demand, but haven't yet figured out how I'm going to catch up on all the past seasons. Perhaps I'll end up renting them on DVD
(if they're even out on DVD). Or maybe I'll break down and get a Hulu account or something.
6) Joseph is 7 months old today! Hopefully I can get some adorable pictures of him sans boogers. Joseph and I have been sick with a stuffy nose and cough all week. Luckily, neither of us has been particularly grumpy because of this.
For now - this will have to do :)