Friday, June 8, 2012
1) We recently bought a freezer to replace the ancient refrigerator in our basement. I've been researching freezers for almost a year now and I finally decided what I wanted then waited for it to go on sale. I'm so excited to finally have space to be able to make (more than just one or two) meals to freeze. I'm also really excited to be able to stock up on staples when they go on sale now. So far I've only got blueberries and blueberry muffins in there, but I have big plans for filling it up.
2) Now that we have the freezer space, I've been contemplating buying half a cow from a local farmer. I don't have any farmers in particular that I'm thinking about I just like the idea. Although, I'm not sure where to go or how to figure out how much of each cut of meat to buy. When I think about it we seem to mainly use ground beef and beef tips, but I'd like to explore cooking with other cuts of beef. Do you have any tips for buying large amounts of meat from a farmer?
3) Joseph has a fetish for crawling into things...and these are only the times I've caught him on camera! It makes me smile every time I see him in a basket or container of sorts.
4) I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred a couple weeks ago in an attempt to lose these pesky 5 pounds that are keeping me from getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight. And, more importantly, I'd like to finally fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. It's going well so far, but I don't seem to have lost any weight. My clothes are fitting a little better though, but I'm still not quite where I was pre-pregnancy. Hopefully I'll see even more of a difference once I'm completely through the 30 days (or shortly thereafter).
5) Joseph likes that I've been working out, too. He especially enjoys playing with my massive 2-lb weights.
6) After poking around Jen Fulwiler's pins on Pinterest I decided to follow through on one of the pins. She pinned this idea for "Blessing Bags" where you put together bags of useful items for homeless people. You keep them in your car for any time you come across someone who is homeless and asking for money. I love this idea because I always feel like I need to do something, but don't really like to just give them money. I can't wait to hand them out, and I look forward to one day making these with Joseph.
7) Head on over to conversiondiary.com for more quick takes. Have a great weekend!!