Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Laundry Chute

I generally try to wash our towels and sheets on Tuesdays. So, as usual I collected our towels and threw them down the chute. Now this included some towels that had been used to help prevent flooding in our bedroom (another story altogether), so there were more towels than usual. Afterwards I go to the basement to get the laundry started and notice there aren't any towels there. 
I looked up to see if I could see the towels - nope. So I went upstairs to see if I could push them down. I stuck my arm as far down as it would go and didn't feel anything. So I did the same thing on the second level - same thing. Nothing there. I threw a couple more hand towels down from the 1st floor and those made it through so I have now confirmed that the clog is somewhere between the 1st and 2nd floor. I figured that maybe throwing something with some weight might give the towels enough of a push to make it through, so I decided a hammer might just do the trick. 
Alas - it didn't work. I now have a bunch of towels + a hammer stuck in my laundry chute. Hopefully my husband can fix everything when he gets home.

Lesson learned: Don't shove everything in the laundry chute at once. It really isn't that big.

No comments: