Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November, November

As you may have noticed I've been sort of MIA lately. That's because November is a busy month here in the Rayel household. So, I figured I'd take a moment to look back on all our adventures from the month.
We started November with a trip home to Tennessee to visit my sister, Jeannette, who was in town for the weekend. It just so happened to be her birthday weekend, so we celebrated that as well.
It was during this weekend at home that we discovered that Joseph sleeps like a champ in his carseat. So, you can guess where he's been sleeping for about a month now :)

That trip marked our first roadtrip with Joseph. He did really well in the car with minimal crying - he slept most of the time (a boy after my own heart).
The week after we came back from Tennessee Joseph turned 4 months old. I, of course, did a little photo shoot with him at home.

Then a few days after he turned 4 months Joseph had his 4 month checkup where we re-confirmed his hugeness (is that a word?). He weighed in at 17lbs 13oz (90th percentile) and was 26.5in long (95th percentile). We also got the go ahead for giving him rice cereal, so we went ahead and tried a little of that. He seemed to like it and by the 3rd or 4th day knew how to eat - he would open when he saw the spoon coming his way and chomp down as soon as it was in his mouth. When he was particularly eager he would grab my hand and shove it toward his mouth!

The next weekend Will and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary by going to Annapolis. We walked around downtown for a bit then had dinner at The Rockfish - the restaurant where we had our first date and where we went the night Will proposed.

A couple days later we left for Tennessee yet again, but this time to celebrate Thanksgiving and go to my 10-year high school reunion. We met up with some of my high school friends for brunch on Wednesday then just had a relaxing afternoon hanging out not doing much of anything. Thursday was Thanksgiving and Will's birthday, but we saved the birthday festivities for Friday.

Friday night we went to dinner then to see "A Christmas Carol" at Barter Theatre with my parents while my sister watched Joseph. Then Saturday night we went to my 10 year high school reunion and Sunday we celebrated my sister Alyse's birthday, my mom's birthday and my birthday all at once.

Whew! That was one busy month. Oh - and did I mention that Joseph has started sitting? Yea - he's a champion sitter :)

2 comments:

Nancy Tolbert said...

Betsy, I LOVED this! and the pictures are fantastic. So glad you created this, and I look forward to more adventures. Love, Nancy Tolbert.

Megan said...

A cookie cake for a Fischer birthday? Why am I not surprised? Joseph's growing so quickly! 90th and 95th percentile? You two are so conscientious, you can't help but have an over-achieving child ;) It looks like his personality's really starting to shine through.