Friday, April 15, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 11)



1) The Childbirth and Baby Care class last weekend two weekends ago went really well. We learned a lot, but I'm still totally freaked out about actually giving birth. I'll just push that thought to the back of my mind for as long as possible.

2) I've started paying more attention to coupons and taking the time to look through newspaper inserts and such for them. Although, I'm not always the best at shopping around savings. My husband and I tend to be people who like routine, so my grocery list generally doesn't change much from week to week. This can make it hard to use coupons to find deals, but I'm working on it!

3) Can I tell you how much I love making lists? I do. Last week I started two major lists. One is my list of "things that need to get done around the house (ideally) before the baby arrives" and the other list is "baby stuff" - either things we need to purchase or things we need to do to get ready for the baby. I'm looking forward to checking off items on both of these lists....and then making new, refined lists for me to go by :)

4) I put together the crib and changing table this past week. I'm so excited to have something completed for the baby. Although, we still haven't gotten a mattress or changing pad so I guess neither the crib or changing table would be very useful if we brought home a baby tomorrow. My goal is to assemble and/or organize things as we acquire them that way I won't be too stressed as the arrival of Baby Rayel nears.

5) My tulips finally bloomed!!! Well, some of them bloomed anyway. The rest are just waiting to make their appearance :) They're all so close to opening up. I can't wait to see them all in full bloom. It's going to be awesome!
The whole bunch :)
A few up close


6) Last weekend Will and I spent a night in historic Winchester, VA. It was my Christmas present from Will. It was really nice to get away and be able to spend some time together before the baby arrives.  Below is one of the few pictures from the weekend.

7) My favorite Facebook post of the week goes to Megan. She has two kids. The oldest is a boy she and her husband fostered then adopted named Marlon. I believe he's 4 years old. This post made me laugh:
"any ideas on how to get finger polish off lips? marlon has a beautiful shade of purple he mistook as lipgloss!"

No comments: