Friday, July 1, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 21)

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 132)



1) I've had a pretty chill week. My to-do list was fairly minimal 
and most of the items on the list are things that I don't care when they get done. But, I did get through most of the items so that's good.



2) I got my hair cut this week. It's short. Very short. It's the shortest I've ever had, and I'm not sure how I feel about this. Walking out of the salon I felt pretty good - I liked the cut. Now? Well, I keep trying to run my fingers through it and there just isn't any hair for them to run through. And it'll be a while before I can have any semblance of a ponytail. If I tuck my hair behind my ears it looks....meh. Maybe I just need some time to adjust, but I have a feeling I won't ever be cutting my hair this short again.

3) All that hair I cut off? I donated it to Locks of Love, so at least it'll be going to a good cause! This is my fourth time donating, and they say it takes four "bunches" of hair (at least 10" long) to create one wig (on average). So, I guess I've officially donated one wig worth of hair in my life.


4) I have recently concluded that the best way to make sure produce doesn't go to waste is to cut it up as soon as you get home from the grocery store. This might seem obvious to some people, but I have let so much produce rot because I don't get around to using it. I find that I'm much more likely to use the produce if it's already cut up. This is particularly true for fruit in general. I'm much more likely to eat fruit that's already cut up and ready to eat rather than take the time to wash and prepare fruit every time I want some.

5) Five trees + one bush were cut down/removed this week, and my husband was ecstatic. It was actually pretty cute how happy he was. We had them cut down on Monday, and Will was working from home but didn't realize the trees were being taken down that day. He almost never comes out of his home "office" during the day except for lunch or to go to the bathroom, so I was a bit surprised when he found me and was like "did you see? they're cutting the trees down!" And he said it in the same voice you would expect from a 5 year old on Christmas morning saying "did you see? Santa brought me presents!!!" If I had known taking those trees down was going to make him so darn happy I would have done it a long time ago.

6) Two sets of curtains were hung this week. Woohoo! This was an accomplishment because I not only had to hang the curtains, but I had to install the curtain rods as well. Which took a little extra time and energy, but I'm glad I got it done.
A sneak peek at the baby's room :)
7) My favorite Facebook post of the week goes to Mary. As a fellow math major (and teacher) I got a kick out of this.
"Thank god this is a spoof. (eerily believeable though...)"

www.youtube.com

Watch the original Miss USA evolution video here:http://youtu.be/UkBmhM0R2A0 Video by @mackenzief, @kevgot, Leslie Collins, @gracehelbig, @lorrainecink, @je...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your haircut is FANTASTIC!!! I love it. It is very stylish but also a very good fit for you!! Not everyone can pull off shorter hairstyles. But I love it!