Here are a few things I've learned in my 2 weeks as a parent:
- Not only is pee a projectile but poop is, too.
- Having one's diaper changed is a form of baby torture. So is changing baby's clothes.
- Having multiple changing pad covers is an absolute necessity.
- It remains a mystery how I manage to peel myself out of bed in the wee hours of the morning to attend to Joseph - and with minimal complaining, no less!
- I will never get over gazing at Joseph (as long as I can keep my eyes open).
- It's amazing how many conversations one can have that revolve around bodily functions.
- I am amazed at how often I find myself debating whether eating or sleeping is the more urgent need. If only I could do both at the same time.
- Leaving the house is quite an ordeal nowadays and takes a good amount of planning. Generally we can get one errand accomplished a day.
- I never thought I would say this, but I wish my son liked his pacifier.
- I can't wait to sleep in intervals lasting longer than 2 hours - heck, I'd settle for several 2 hours blocks of sleep per day at this point.
And on that note I think I'm going to go lay down before we head to mass (and hope Joseph doesn't wake up in the mean time).