Friday, November 11, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 29)

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 151)


1) I bought a whole chicken to cook this week. Lisa inspired me. She has all these great recipes and makes all her food from scratch. I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far quite yet, but we'll see how this whole chicken thing goes.

2) Last weekend Will, Joseph and I went home to Tennessee to visit my parents, two of my sisters and by brother-in-law-to-be. My sister, Jeannette, was in town for a wedding and to do a little wedding planning of her own. It was great seeing everyone and being able to celebrate Jeannette's birthday!
Happy Birthday, Jeannette!
Dinora and Joseph
Joseph and Nanna
Joseph passed out in Grandpa's arms
3) I'm obsessed with my son. He turned 4 months old yesterday and is ridiculously adorable. I took a ton of pictures of him. Here are a few of my favorites.
Two of my favorite past times: eating my hands and grabbing my feet.


4) A couple weekends ago my dad came up to watch Joseph so Will and I could attend the Northwest Center's Indian Summer Ball. We are so grateful to be able to support such an amazing organization. The Northwest Center is a Pregnancy Center and Maternity Home in Northwest DC. They help women and families dealing with crisis pregnancies. I think what is so amazing is that they don't just help with the pregnancy and immediate needs of the mother and baby after delivery. They work to help women and families get on their feet so they're able to support themselves. They help them with resumes, college applications, job searches, etc. If you have a moment you should definitely check out their website and consider supporting their mission.

5) Joseph figured out how to jump in his jumpy thing yesterday. It was really cute to see him be able to actually jump (instead of just accidentally jumping once or twice). He seemed to enjoy it. I think he mostly likes hearing all the rattles rattle more than he liked the jumping itself.


6) Joseph and I have been going the abortion clinic near our house every Monday for a couple of months now. Dr. Carhart has been performing late term abortions (all the way up to delivery) for almost a year and has taken the lives of over 700 babies. We would love to get 1,000 people to come out on Monday, December 5 for peaceful prayer and protest. We must stand up for these babies who aren't even given a chance at life! You can go here for more information.

7) I would like to end by saying THANK YOU to all our veterans. Thank you for all the sacrifices you made/make to protect our country. And a special thanks to my Uncle Paul and Uncle Joe and their families for serving our country!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Agreed. He is ridiculously adorable!

Ann-Marie Ulczynski said...

I love the adorable cloth diaper pictures! So cute!

Meghan said...

Joseph is extremely cute. So are the car themed pjs.

I'm so glad to hear you're able to stand for life outside Carhart's facility. I used to do something similar but now M is a toddler and standing on a busy street with a toddler isn't wise. Maybe I should go ask how I can be of service at our local CPC.