Monday, December 19, 2011

Guest Post: A Prayerful Birth

Without going into too much detail about birth, I wanted to share the most beautiful piece of the experience with you.
I asked God to help me renew my trust in Him and friendship with Him by sharing this birth with Him. I wanted to share the fears, the embarrassments, the suffering, the joy -  the whole thing. To make sure this actually happened, I asked my husband to help me pray during labor and birth.
Birth is intense so we kept it simple. Inhale, exhale, "one, Jesus I trust in you, " inhale, exhale, "two, Jesus I trust in you,"… inhale, exhale, "ten, Jesus  I trust in you." We prayed like this every five minutes or so for about 8 hours, sometimes silently, sometimes my husband prayed aloud for me. And during transition when I turned to him and said "I'm scared" he held my hand, locked eyes with me, and prayed aloud.                          
I can't remember any of the words he said but I can't imagine a more wonderful or husbandly thing.
And here's our little girl. 8lbs 3oz 21in. Big sister thinks she's awesome.
God Bless,
Meghan

1 comment:

Mandi Richards said...

Congratulations, what a beautiful little girl! And what a sweet story, should like you have a wonderful husband!