Friday, May 20, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 15)

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 127)
 

1) Why is batter (of any kind) so delicious? It's especially hard to avoid eating it when you're pregnant. Sometimes all I want is a little cookie batter or to lick the spoon after making pancakes. Alas...this is my life for at least 5 more weeks (or so).

2) It's been pretty rainy and overcast all week. So, while I've enjoyed the reasonable temperatures that have come along with this weather - upper 60's low 70's - I can't wait for a few sunny days in a row. And I especially can't wait for swimming/pool season. I love sitting by the pool on a nice sunny day, and I'm only going to have the first half(ish) of summer to do this, so bring on the sun! It can rain all it wants once I'm stuck inside and sleep deprived with the baby.

3) I finally got the bassinet put together. So, the only thing left that has to get done before the baby arrives is installing the car seat, and I've delegated that to my husband. I'm pretty sure we've covered all the other essentials (diapers, wipes, clothes, etc), but you know I continue looking at lists and creating my own lists of things I've missed. I just know we're going to get home from the hospital and have forgotten something important. I'm not sure what that important thing is, but I'm sure we're going to miss it. Here's to being type-A and making comprehensive lists so that sort of thing doesn't happen!

4) Was anyone else a little disappointed with the season finale of The Office last night? I mean, I understand why they made the entire episode a series of interviews. But it got a little old, and some of the characters were just weird. I can't even decide who I want to be manager. The practical side of me wants Darryl or really Jim (but I guess he's not in the running). For some reason I think Darryl would make a good manager. But, would that make for a boring show? Kelly just annoyed me last night. Andy was quirky as usual, and I think he would make a hilarious boss for the show, but then again...maybe not. If he becomes boss, then nothing can happen between him and Erin - right? Or maybe that would be a plot twist. *sigh* There were just so many options and I have no idea who they're going to choose. I hate not knowing, but I guess that was the point.

5) I'm thisclose to hiring someone to maintain our yard. I still feel like we should do it ourselves to save money, but I'm just so uninspired. Those darn weeds just won't go away and my tulips only lasted a couple weeks. Seeing those poor tulips die so soon is what really made me disgruntled about maintaining the flower beds. I put so much work into weeding, preparing the soil and planting those darn things - and they didn't even last very long!!! And my husband doesn't have time to work in the flower beds unless I don't want to see him at all on the weekends (maybe that isn't true, but that's how it feels). I'm going to give it another few weeks, but if I haven't changed my mind (and actually gone out there to do some significant work) by the time the baby arrives I'm pretty sure we'll be hiring someone to take over our yard.

6) I'm going to make a fruit pizza this weekend! I can't wait! Fruit pizza is one of my favorite summer desserts and I can't wait to make one. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever even made one for my husband. This will be his first one which makes this even more exciting!!! I'll be sure to post the recipe in the near future.

7) I had a hard time choosing my favorite Facebook quote of the week. I couldn't decide whether to go with a reference from "The Office" or with a reference to the impending "Judgement Day." I ultimately decided to go with the latter. So, my favorite Facebook quote of the week goes to Caitlin.

"Eternal Earth-Bound Pets, USA, a business run by atheists which for $135 will take care of your dog or cat if you're among those believers who are whisked away on Saturday." LOL!
www.npr.org
An evangelical radio broadcaster who has said before that Judgment Day was coming, has predicted that this time it really will happen on May 21. Care to pay someone to take care of your pet in case you're swept up to heaven? You can.

No comments: