1) My neice/goddaughter's baptism last weekend was great. She was so cute and hardly fussed the entire time! Her brother, on the other hand....well...let's just say he now has a record for crying through baptisms :)
2) I'm less nervous about giving birth now that I've seen and held my neice (she was only 2 weeks old at her baptism). My recent experience with babies has been of babies anywhere from 2 months to 2 years(ish). And their heads...well...they're just so large! But little Clare's head was nice and small and made me think "yea - I can manage that."
|You lookin' at me?|
|Do you have a question, Clare?|
3) This week has been a little bit like Christmas. My Pampered Chef order came in. Our stroller for the baby came in. We got the cutest shoes for baby Rayel in the mail (but we have no clue who sent them). And my baby shower is this weekend. Woohoo for fun new toys and cute baby stuff!
4) I'm starting to get into couponing. It's awesome how much money you can save. The only tricky part is making sure you only buy stuff you're going to use and have a place to put the stuff you buy. My freezer is currently stuffed to the max. Two or three kids from now I'm sure we'll have to invest in another freezer to supplement the one in the kitchen. And maybe have some extra shelves in the basement to hold our "stock" of food :)
5) I've been slacking on my blogging lately. I actually have two recipes that I've made and taken pictures of, but I just haven't gotten around to posting them. In fact, one of them I've been meaning to post for several weeks now and just haven't. Hopefully I'll get to at least one of them next week.
6) Even though baby Rayel isn't in my arms yet my life already seems to revolve around him. I'm already at that point in pregnancy where I see the doctor every two weeks and getting the nursery together seems to get more and more pressing with each day that passes. I realize it's still at least 6 weeks until he arrives, but that just doesn't seem like a very long time to get everything in order for his arrival. The next big hump I need to get over is installing the closet organizer (and no, that's not something my husband is really up for - I'm the handy one around here). Until that's done I don't feel like I can organize anything in his room. The fact that I'm a bit of a perfectionist and want to make sure I do it just right so that it holds everything he needs and doesn't come crashing down from too much weight also seems to be slowing down this process.
7) My favorite Facebook quote of the week goes to my friend, Nicole. She works for DC public schools and I think this status gives you a sense of what life is like on a daily basis in the DC public school system.
"There was actually toilet paper, paper towels AND soap in the bathroom this morning. I think it is the first time since winter break we have had all 3 at the same time. Maybe that means this is going to be a good day."