1) I ate raspberries for the first time - ever in my life - this week. I'm not sure how I made it this far in life without ever eating an actual raspberry, but I think it has something to do with my aversion to ALL berries as a kid...and teenager...and young adult (for a time). Needless to say, the raspberries were delicious.
2) I made my first fruit pizza of the season last weekend. It's one of my favorite summer desserts. I meant to post the recipe earlier this week, but the week got away with me (aka - I didn't get a chance to upload the pictures from my camera). You can expect the recipe to be posted soon!
3) The thought of having a baby in my arms in just a few weeks (4-8 weeks theoretically) is a little surreal. I feel him kicking around and moving inside me, and we've been planning for his arrival for months now. His room is basically ready, and I'm pretty sure we have everything we'll need for when he comes home. But, I still have a hard time imagining us with a baby at home. I guess it's one of those things that you just don't know what it's going to be like until you experience it. Needless to say, we're still very excited and can't wait for his arrival!
4) I stocked up on tons of essentials for Will and me this week. A friend suggested I do this so it'll be one less thing to worry about once the baby arrives. I've been keeping a running list of everything we don't already have a good stash of - particularly bathroom stuff - for several weeks now. I finally made my way to Target to officially stock up before the baby arrives. I'm pretty sure we have enough shampoo, conditioner, razors, soap, toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc for the next 6 months at least.
5) Is it just me or is anyone else bummed to hear that NBC is cancelling "The Event"? Will and I started watching the show this past fall and I've really gotten into it. I find the show intriguing, but not overly gory (Will tends to like shows with a lot of violence/gore). I hope another network picks the show up, but I'm not counting on it.
6) I'm looking forward to a long weekend with my husband. We've got a couple BBQ's we're going to this weekend, and I think we're also going to try to go see a movie. We're not sure which one yet, but we haven't been to the movies in forever and I bought 2 tickets on Living Social that we need to use by June 4 :) If you've seen any movies lately that you would suggest we go see please let me know.
7) My favorite Facebook post of the week goes to my sister, Alyse. She's just a few days away from coming home from Spain. I'm not 100% sure what this status says, but I think it's something about her heart and not wanting to leave Spain?? Anywho, I'm excited she'll be home even though I won't see her for another couple months.
"me duele el corazón, no quiero salir de España!"
I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!