Friday, August 12, 2011
7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 23)
1) Joseph was baptized this past weekend! It was a great weekend with family in town and lots of friends to celebrate. I'm hoping to do a post with some pictures from the weekend soon even though you've already seen a few of the pictures :)
2) I finally got up the nerve to weigh myself this week. For whatever reason I was dreading getting on the scale after delivery. I was sure the news would be depressing, so I simply avoided the whole situation. But for some reason, I got an inkling to find out how much I weigh this week. And it wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined (thank goodness). Sure, I still don't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but I'm ok with that for now. The "no sweets diet" has commenced until I hit my pre-pregnancy weight (I had to wait until the baptism weekend was over).
3) After reading this post I have a newfound drive to get my tush out of bed and join the peaceful protests that occur every Monday morning at the Germantown abortion clinic from 8-10am. It is, of course, going to take a fairly significant amount of planning and it may mean that I need to go to bed earlier than normal (whatever that means). But it's a worthy cause that I feel like I should support.
It's shocking to me that anyone could either perform an abortion on someone else or have an abortion performed on them at all, much less in the third trimester!
4) When Joseph is particularly upset he sounds like a pterodactyl. It's kind of funny. He is now fondly known (to me) as "my little pterodactyl." Maybe it'll be one of those nicknames that sticks through adulthood. Now I just need to get it on video so I can share it with everyone :)
5) Joseph makes the cutest noises when he's going to sleep and waking up. Well....it's cute until it keeps me awake after his 3am feeding. This is another thing I want to capture on video. Hopefully I'll have some footage soon.
6) I have done a lot of laundry this week. I seriously don't know how all the laundry would get done if I had a full-time job (outside the home, that is). It makes me feel so blessed that I have such a great husband who works hard to allow me to be able to stay home and a son who now sleeps in consistently "long" (read: 2-hour) chunks of time allowing me to get things done around the house.
7) Joseph turned 1 month old on Wednesday. It's amazing how time flies. I realize it's only been a month, but still. He's already getting big - he's starting to outgrow his size small diapers already (and is practically in size 2 disposables)!! Now I'm debating whether I want to continue with the cloth diapers. The lazy side of me wants to just go with disposables - it's just so easy to toss the diaper in the trash and never have to worry about it again. The practical, money-saving side of me screams "go with the cloth diapers!!!" because over time the cloth diapers will be a huge savings (assuming we are blessed with more kids). Also, I'm not sure whether the cloth diapers will get easier once I'm finally able to get into a real routine.... Anyone who has used or is using cloth diapers and wants to weigh in, I'm all ears.