Friday, August 26, 2011
7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 24)
1) I made a to-do list this week. I know that sounds insignificant, but it's the first time I've actually made a list of things to do since Joseph was born. It's the first time I've felt like I can actually get things done with any kind regularity. So, although I have hardly touched my to-do list this week, the very fact that I made a to-do list is a step in the right direction.
2) I was able to follow my laundry schedule this week. Similar to #1, this hasn't happened since Joseph was born. It was nice not having to worry about laundry every single day. I feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things - yay!
3) I realize this commercial has been around for a while, but it gets me every time.
4) Joseph went to the doctor this week. At six and a half weeks he weighed 12lbs 8oz and was 23in long - 90th percentile for weight and somewhere between 75th and 90th for height. At least I can be assured that - now that I'm spacing his feedings a little more - he isn't going hungry :)
5) This has been the week for wacky happenings here in MD. First the earthquake and now hurricane Irene. Hopefully we won't get hit too bad with the hurricane - if the forecast is bad enough I'll likely head to my parents house with Joseph for a while. It's weird that we even need to think about where to go and what to do in the event of a natural disaster.
6) Ever since Joseph was born, priority parking for me means a space right next to the cart return. As I drive into a parking lot I'm scanning for any spaces that are open next to the cart return. It's just easier to put my groceries (or whatever I've bought) into my car along with Joseph and not have to walk far away to return the cart. If I didn't get a space close enough I would have to take Joseph with me to the cart return, then haul him back to the car (and he's getting heavy to carry in his carseat).
7) Joseph makes some adorable faces. This one is my favorite. His eyes get really wide (although they aren't super wide in this pic) and he makes a perfect circle with his little mouth. Too cute!