Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pasta with Chicken and Garden Vegetables

I was looking for something different to cook for dinner last week before Joseph was born so I adapted this recipe to fit what I wanted. I added chicken and omitted the mushrooms and onions. I also upped the amount of tomato. So, my recipe looked like this:

Ingredients:

olive oil
8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
2 small zuchinni, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 small yellow summer squash, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1/8 tsp. pepper
16 oz. corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
1/2 C. finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese (I used the stuff out of a can)
shredded mozarella

Directions:

1) Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken until it is not longer pink inside then add garlic to chicken and oil and cook for about 15 seconds.
2) Add zuchinni and squash and cook for about 4 minutes.

3) Add tomato, oregano and pepper and cook for about 2 more minutes.

4) Combine hot corkscrew macaroni, Romano or Parmesan cheese and the chicken and veggie mixture in a bowl. Toss well.

5) Serve pasta immediately.  Sprinkle with mozarella cheese, and enjoy!

No comments: