Friday, February 25, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 5)

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 116)

1) *Warning: This QT is a little graphic. Do not read if you have a weak stomach.* I got food poisoning for the first this last Thursday night. It was not pleasant. Luckily, I was able to "expel" most of the contents of my stomach before finishing packing and heading for the airport at 8am. The first flight was pretty rough, but I felt much better by the second flight. This is my first experience with food poisoning - ever. I can now understand why people refuse to eat at places where they got food poisoning.

2) This past weekend I went to visit my sister in AZ. It was great seeing her since I hadn't seen her in over a year (since Christmas 2009), and I had never been out to see her since she moved to AZ. We spent a lot of time just hanging out but also visited Jerome, Sedona, and Phoenix. Although - I was a bit of a slacker when it came to taking pictures...I didn't take any. But, Jeannette has a few which I'll try to post at some point.

3) The flights both to and from AZ have made me reconsider whether I want to go to Spain this May. My concern has shifted from worrying about being uncomfortable from swelling (which is still a very real possibility) to worrying about being uncomfortable from my aching back. I'm also a little concerned with having to go to the bathroom in those tiny airplane bathrooms. I was sure to check out the bathrooms on all my flights and it just seemed like I may not fit when I'm hugely pregnant. So, we'll see what happens. I'm still waiting on my passport to go through so I have time to continue to think about it.

4) Seeing how quickly Lent is approaching I've been thinking about what I want to give up. I'm still at a loss as to what to give up this year. I was warned not to give up anything related to food while I'm pregnant which seems to make sense. I have given up sweets for as many years as I can remember, so coming up with something new has presented me with a challenge. I've considered giving up watching TV for lent which would be really difficult for me, but would probably be really good for me. If I can't come up with anything better that may be what I go with. 

5) My belly "popped out" this week. It was really quick. I felt it stretching on Tuesday and Wednesday, and it was obviously bigger by Wednesday night. By Thursday my shirts were clearly a little tight , so I went and bought some maternity shirts and a couple more pairs of pants.

6) I've been dealing with some serious back ache issues and can't seem to find a solution. They randomly started last week and don't seem to want to go away. I can't even seem to find a sleeping position where my back won't hurt. Blerg.

7) Ok - I'll be honest. This week has been pretty busy and I haven't really been paying too much attention to Facebook, but here's a post my cousin-in-law (is that right?), Greta, put up today. It intrigued me as I've begun to pay a lot of attention to baby/kid stuff. It's pretty scary how much sugar you can find in baby food/kid snacks. Favorite Facebook quote of the week:
"Someone put Gerber preschoolers juice treats on my desk at work. I opened them and took a bite. They are so sweet it made me ill. I look and it has 17 grams of sugar. SERIOUSLY!?! What toddler needs 17 grams of sugar in one tiny snack? Then I look at the ingredients, second ingredient is sugar and third ingredigent is corn syrup. Wonder why childhood obesity is on the rise?"

No comments: