Friday, February 18, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 4)

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 116)

1) Will and I had a low key Valentine's Day. He hates the holiday, but plays along to make me happy :) We went to our favorite mexican restaurant after mass on Sunday then came home in time for the Duke v someone game. That last part was my fault because I was the one who suggested going for a late lunch/early dinner instead of dinner. Oh well, it was still a good time.

2) After I announced that the bathroom was finally finished (like a month ago) I failed to mention that it wasn't completely finished.... yes. All that was left to do was seal the grout and put up a shower curtain. These two simple tasks have, of course, taken me a full month to complete. But I am happy to say that the bathroom is now not only finished, but in full working condition.


3) I am now beginning to understand how easy it is to pack on those pregnancy pounds. It's just so tempting to say "yes" to that extra snack (or two) every day! But, I really don't need all those extra calories. I've recently had to resort to having salads for dinner to counteract those other extra calories I consume throughout the day (not to mention that I can pack a ton of nutrients into a salad).

4) I got my oil changed last Friday and was informed that I needed a new car battery. I know next to nothing about cars, but my car place seems to only let me know when something is actually wrong with my car. So I trusted what they said and had my battery replaced for fear of being stuck somewhere with a dead battery. Now my car should be in good shape for a while. Although I'm still waiting for them to tell me I need to replace my tires (53K+ miles and still going strong)....

5) I'm going to visit my sister in Arizona this weekend! Woohoo! She's lived there now for several years, and I have yet to go visit her. It's about time I make my way out there :) I'm not sure exactly what is planned for the long weekend, but I'm sure it will be fun times.

6) I've given up on trying to find a hair stylist for the moment and have decided I'm going to let my hair grow out so I can donate it to Locks of Love. I had my husband measure how long my ponytail is so far (about 7") and I only need 3 more inches. That should give me enough time to scope out someone to cut my hair.

7) Favorite Facebook post of the week goes to Sarah (because it made me drool):




"Wow. This is some serious cookie-on-cookie action."

www.seriouseats.com
‎[Photographs: Adam Kuban] Have you seen Pinterest yet? (Yeah, we're on there — go follow us if you'd like.) I was on that site a couple weeks ago when I saw the most friggin' amazing thing: Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip...

1 comment:

beka said...

oh my GOODNESS!
talk about cookie-on-cookie action... ;)
looks yummo!