Friday, March 18, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 8)

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 120)

1) I finished the curtains for the living room last weekend! This was no small feat. It has taken me literally months to complete this project, and I'm so happy it's over. There will be a "curtain" post coming soon!

2) Some creature has been getting into my tulips. I'm not sure what kind of creature it is, but I shall begin my research today. At least 2 of the bulbs have been dug up and a bunch of the tops of the sprouts have been eaten off! Needless to say, I was fairly upset to discover this when I got home last night. If you know anything about what might be the culprit I'm all ears.

3) I was a slacker and did nothing to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this year. I didn't even wear any green. Pitiful, I know. But, until yesterday I only had five maternity shirts and none of them were green. I guess I'm going to have to step it up next year :)

4) My book of Shorter Christian Prayer came in this week. I'm excited to get started using it even if it is over a week into Lent.

5) The ants are back. This means I'm going to have to be ridiculously diligent about keeping the kitchen spic-n-span to keep them at bay. They must have found another way into the kitchen, or maybe I just need to replace the Cinnamon. I now know what the next major item on my "to-do" list is. Darn those little ants!

6) I purchased bedding and paint for the nursery this week. It's exciting to really get started with putting the nursery together. I'm really excited about the bedding because it's so cute (but what baby stuff isn't?). I went with an animal theme and the bumper, quilt, etc are SUPER soft and have lots of different textures. 

7) My favorite Facebook quote of the week comes from my sister, Julia. Yay! I can't wait!
"One more month to go! Expecting our second in mid-April. :)"

No comments: