Monday, March 7, 2011

New England Baked Bean Stew

I recently made this recipe for dinner. I got the recipe out of Betty Crocker's Quick and Easy Cookbook. My husband and I really liked this dish, so I was a little surprised when I looked up the recipe online and saw that it only had a 3.5 star rating - don't be fooled by this inaccurate assessment - only 2 people have reviewed it (and I tried to give it a review, but you have to sign up for the website in order to review the recipes)! The only thing I changed in this recipe is I didn't add the green onions. It really was super easy and would be very easy to double (or triple!) for a larger crowd. All you really have to do is cut and cook the chicken and slice the sausage then you just dump everything else in the pan. Here are a few pictures from when I made the dish.
the ingredients minus the chicken
the chicken
Yummy dinner!

My only thought for changing this dish is that I could have easily used more meat and my husband would have been even happier (but I thought the dish was delicious enough as is).
My cookbook suggested serving this dish with Italian bread, but I served mine with corn bread (as you can see in the picture above) which was delicious. The sweetness of the cornbread complemented the meaty flavor of the stew very well.

No comments: