Friday, June 3, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 17)

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 129)

1) I can't find my scissors. I lost them a few days ago somewhere in the house and now I can't find them and it's driving me crazy. Who knew scissors were such an integral part of my life?

2) Will and I went strawberry picking on Monday. I really enjoyed it. Will? Well, he survived. I would love to go again, but I'm not sure my sinuses would tolerate such a thing (unless I want another sleepless night). But the 2 lbs of strawberries we did get were delicious. We consumed them by the end of the day on Monday.

3) My belly is starting to get in the way. Before it was just large and sorta there, but didn't really bother me too much (except for making it difficult to find a comfy sleeping position). Now, it just seems to get in the way, and it seemed to happen overnight. That coupled with my joints continuing to loosen has made for a very clumsy Betsy lately. From gouging my arm on the bookshelf after attempting to get my stomach out of the way to spilling peaches all over the table, myself, the chair and the floor to just dropping things (constantly it seems). Oi!


4) I finally got around to putting together our wedding album. Right now it just has pictures in it, but that was a huge step! Now all I have to do is go through and label/annotate things. It was so fun looking through all the pictures. I can't wait until the whole thing is finished.

5) After filling nearly 300 slots with pictures in our wedding album I still have a nice stack of photos I would like to do something with. I can't decide if I should just stick them with all the other "wedding stuff" or if I want to do a smaller album that just has all the extra pictures in it. If I do the latter there will be no annotation and would require me to get another photo album. I'm not sure which way I'm going to go with this one.

6) I *think* my nesting instinct is finally kicking in, but I'm going to give it another week before I deem this to be true. I recently hung a few things in the kitchen that I've been meaning to hang since we moved in. And I've started to think seriously about where everything in our front room (which is currently covered with random stuff) is going to go, then moving items accordingly. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum.

7) My favorite Facebook post of the week goes to Grace. Her adorable daughter, Seraphina, was baptized this past weekend and this is a conversation that occurred at the baptism. "The other one" she is referring to is her son Gabriel.
"quote from Sera's Baptism-
Fr. LaHood-she was very good, and 2 weeks old!
Mom-of course, she was named for the Angels.
Me-Well the other one was was also named for an Angel.
Fr. LaHood-They do come in two kinds."

1 comment:

Lucy The Valiant said...

I'm fairly convinced that people ONLY need scissors if they don't have immediate access to scissors. It's like a law of thermodynamics!

Love the belly!!