Friday, June 17, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 19)

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 130)


1) I reorganized all our gift wrap this week. I sorted through all the bags and boxes we have and threw away anything that I would think twice about reusing. (And if you're going to ask if I reuse gift bags the answer is heck yea!!) I also sorted the bags according to occasion. So, now we have four main sets of bags: wedding, baby, Christmas, other. Who knew organizing all that gift wrap would be so satisfying?

2) Finding a pediatrician that meets my requirements (there are only two!) is harder than I anticipated. I don't feel like I'm really all that picky. The hardest part so far has been finding a group that has both male and female doctors. I want my kids to have the opportunity to see a doctor of the same sex if they prefer when they get older - is that too much to ask? Who would have thought this small criteria would be such a limiting factor in choosing a doctor/practice? Two of the practices I've looked at were all female. One other doctor who was recommended to me is a male, but he works alone and really only does pediatrics on the side (he specializes in food allergies or something). Another group that was recommended to me has one male doctor and four or five female doctors. This group would seem to work except the one male doctor is older which probably means he'll be retiring soon and I'm not convinced they would hire another male doctor in his place when he leaves given the makeup of most of the other practices I've looked at. I have an appointment with a practice next week that seems to have a decent mix of male and female doctors and was recommended to me by a friend. Hopefully this practice will meet my one other criteria: offering Pediarix as an alternative to Pentacel (you can read about why I want this in #6 here).

3) I've recently been searching for curtain rods for both the nursery and one of our guest rooms. I've been sorely disappointed with the selection available. Everything I find seems to be made of metal. I would really like a wooden rod - I would even go for faux wood. Do they just not make those any more? I don't understand. I finally caved this week and just bought a couple rods from Target, but I'm still holding out hope that I'll find something I like better and will be able to return those rods. Maybe I'm just too uneducated in the world of interior decorating to know where to look.

4) Now that the baby is almost here, I have a serious itch to go on a vacation. Every time I get one of those Living Social or Groupon emails that features a trip I take the time to actually look at it - as if we're actually going to be traveling in the near future. To a warm, sunny place. A foreign country perhaps? Yea, right. A girl can dream :)

5) I will be chaperoning a middle school field trip for our parish youth group today. This should be fun...and interesting. I love that middle school kids are so quirky. Here's to hoping I don't topple the canoe.

6) Did I mention the field trip is outdoors? Yea. Not sure how that's going to go over. My goal will be not to die of heat exhaustion, but luckily it's only a high of 84. So, the "short hike" should be the worst part because I'm going to have to exert myself physically outdoors and wear tennis shoes. I haven't worn tennis shoes for several months now - it's just been too hot. Regardless, it *should* be a fun day :)

7) My favorite Facebook post of the week goes to my cousin, Melissa. She has three adorable sons. George in their middle son - he's 3 years old (I think). This status made me a little bit nostalgic and want to go home to good 'ol Rocky Top!
"George where do you live? : Tennessee. Good, what city? : Rocky Top! ; )"

No comments: