Friday, January 13, 2012
7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 33)
1) Apparently my husband and I are the only people on this planet without a Netflix account. I keep seeing friends who recommend movies and several of them have said something like "and it's on netflix, so no one has an excuse not to watch this." Umm, well. I guess I do have an excuse because I don't have Netflix. Is it really worth the monthly fee? We don't really watch movies all that much.
2) How do you keep all the piles of papers and things in your house at bay? I constantly feel like I'm clearing things out and I never seem to get all the way through stuff before there's another pile (or two or three) to deal with.
3) Inquiring minds want to know: do you iron all your/your husband's dress shirts? I have this habit of letting the ironing sit for long periods of time. I just really don't enjoy ironing. I feel like I put all this work in then that work is completely dismantled within a day. It's so frustrating to me. Luckily, my husband usually wears polo shirts and when he does wear a dress shirt it's one of the "wrinkle free" shirts so I don't have to worry about it too much. Except for one of his dress shirts that he loves that definitely isn't wrinkle free. Am I an awful wife for letting him wear the shirt even when it hasn't been ironed? Because I do....most of the time. *sigh*
4) Joseph turned 6 months old this week! I can't believe how much he has changed and grown in just 6 months. Here are a few pictures I took to mark the occasion.
5) I took Joseph to get professional pictures taken this week. This was the first time I had professional pictures taken of him (other than when we had family pictures taken over Christmas). I didn't go crazy or anything - we just went to the Se.ars Portrait Studio because I had a coupon for a free sitting fee + 40% off my entire purchase. The photographer got some really good shots. The only problem is now I have to choose which pictures I want, and you can only get one pose per sheet. So, it gets pretty pricey pretty fast.
6) Even though Joseph isn't crawling yet he sure can get around the living room. Every. single. time. I put him down with the pillow behind him (because he still falls back every once in a while) he gets away. I'm not exactly sure how - he isn't really scooching anymore and he definitely isn't crawling. But somehow he manages to get away from the pillow and to whatever toy or object he finds appealing. And he does it pretty fast. I turn my back for 1 minute and he's already moved. I've basically given up expecting that he'll actually stay with the pillow anywhere near him.
7) Want to keep your (non-walking) baby entertained? Put them in a laundry basket with a small toy. You may not even need the small toy at first. The basket itself will be entertainment enough. But after about 5 minutes or so you'll have to throw in a toy to keep baby occupied :)
Joseph loves being in the laundry basket so whenever I need 10 minutes to myself or a few minutes to accomplish something that's where I stick him. I do have to keep a pretty close eye on him though because sometimes he tries to stand up using the side and ends up tipping the basket over (and you can imagine what happens to him).