Friday, January 6, 2012
7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 32)
1) I'm so glad sleep training is going well. It has really made my evenings a lot more relaxing and my nights more restful. And I feel like Joseph likes that we have a much more set routine now. Everyone in the house is getting more sleep, and I think that's a good thing.
2) Joseph reeeeeally wants to stand up on his own. He's trying every chance he gets. He tries to use the enormous pillow in the living room. He tries to use the bouncy. And he most certainly tries to use mom and dad (and with help he's got the whole standing up from a sitting position down pat). The boy no longer seems interested in crawling. I'm pretty sure he thinks crawling is for wussies who like being on their tummies. If we try to put him in a crawling position he immediately sits (he figured out how to go from a crawling position to sitting this past Sunday). Oh well, I guess I should stop pushing the whole crawling thing.
3) This first week of no sweets has been a little rough, but I've made it. I'm hoping things will get better as time passes. I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about quitting as soon as I get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. Or at least altering my resolution at that point. What a feat it will be if I actually make it the whole year.
4) Joseph loves his Fisher Price nativity set. It's been awesome because he has played with it every single day since we've been home from Tennessee. He was starting to lose interest in some of his other toys, so this has been great. He'll play with it for several hours throughout the course of the day. He especially likes pushing baby Jesus so he'll play a song. Joseph also enjoys knocking down any scenes that I set up for him :)
5) Joseph and I start swim class this morning. I can't wait. The class is called "Aqua Mommy," which I think is just awesome. I'm taking it with a couple friends which should make it that much more fun. The class is basically an exercise class for moms using their babies as weights. Let's just hope Joseph likes the water more than he did last time.
6) I'm obsessed with Joseph's winter hat. I think it's the cutest thing ever. Every time I put it on him I think "oh my gosh, that's SOO cute. I have to get a picture." And so, I have the beginnings of a collection of pictures with Joseph in his adorable hat.
7) Happy Epiphany everyone! I hope you have all had a joyous Christmas season. We had a lovely Christmas. I guess this means that I need to take down our Christmas decorations. Maybe Joseph could help with that...