Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A couple stories that touched my heart

As I've been poking around the internet this week two articles really stood out to me and I would like to share them with you.

Image Detail
http://a-catholic-life.blogspot.com/2011/04/miraculous-conversion-story-of-prisoner.html
This first article I found through a post by Simcha Fisher over at the National Catholic Register. I was so moved by this story of Claude Newman I wanted to pass it along to you all. It tells the story of the conversion of prisoner Claude Newman through the intercession of the Virgin Mary.  Take a look - it's a truly remarkable story.

http://www.wolfhirschhorn.org/2012/01/amelia/brick-walls/
This second story isn't as uplifting, but it's equally as moving. One of my friends posted it on Facebook. When I read this story about little Amelia, I was so shocked and appalled (although, sadly, I can't say I was surprised) I felt the need to pass it along. It tells the story of a girl who is developmentally delayed who needs a liver transplant, but she is refused the transplant simply because of her developmental delays (even when the parents say they will find their own donor within the family!). Some of the things the doctor and social worker do and say make me wonder why they went into their respective fields in the first place - aren't they there to help people? Please pray for this little girl and her family that they are able to find doctors who will help them and give Amelia the care she deserves.

No comments: